Chris Hemsworth says he’s taking a break from acting to spend time with family after facing his own mortality in “The Avengers: Endgame.”
He says family is one of the reasons he felt the need to start spending time with his three children. Hemsworth also said he’s been in talks with director Joss Whedon to write a sequel to the Marvel movie, which premiered Nov. 1, but he decided to take a break so long before filming the film.
Hemsworth starred in “Avengers: Endgame,” which took in $1.2 billion at the global box office and earned over $1 billion at the domestic box office.
While some viewers may be surprised to learn that Hemsworth was in talks to play another Marvel film, he said in an interview for the BBC, he’s been in talks about continuing on after “Endgame.”
The actor had been vocal about his desire to play another movie after “Endgame” until he started filming the Marvel sequel, because he felt there was “no time” to return to his acting career.
As for whether Hemsworth would be back, Whedon was quick to offer some words of encouragement.
“I love Chris Hemsworth and I know he’s really good, but I know Joss, and you need to be careful with what you say about him when you’re doing a sequel to the last one, ‘Avengers: Endgame.’ They could kill the franchise, and I don’t want that for him.”
“You have to be very, very careful what you say or what you do,” Whedon added.
Hemsworth, 29, has had to address his own mortality in the past, including the near-death experience he felt with a horse during a shoot in New Zealand.
He also made headlines for the comments he made to the Daily Mail in 2015 about his wife, Elsa Pataky, saying she was his muse.
Hemsworth recently took his six-month-old daughter, Rose, to see the